Global Reforestation Partner
Leading global provider of conventional and advanced genetics tree seedling products
Global Reforestation Partner
Leading global provider of conventional and advanced genetics tree seedling products.
We are committed to helping landowners, consulting foresters, and tree planters around the world achieve maximum return, productivity, and profitability from reforestation efforts. We provide seedlings with healthy lateral root systems, strong survival rates, and landowners, advisors, and planting crews with best practices for every step of the process for reforestation and hardwood timber farms to ensure a financial return.
Created as a partnership for forestry research in 2000 by WestRock (previously MWV), International Paper, and Rubicon (Fletcher Challenge), now produces the largest number of both conventional and advanced genetic tree seedlings in the world. ArborGen’s work represents the integration of many of forestry’s leading seedling research and production companies into a single company, providing seedling solutions to landowners of all sizes to meet forest management objectives. The predecessor companies include International Paper, Champion, MWV, CellFor, Carter Holt Harvey, and Fletcher Challenge. With world headquarters in Ridgeville, S.C. housing world-class forestry research, ArborGen has seven nurseries, six orchards, and additional facilities to distribute seedlings throughout the southeastern United States. Current product development facilities conduct research to find improved growth rates, yields, stress tolerance, disease resistance, and wood quality.
ArborGen do Brazil
ArborGen has been operating in Brazil since 2004 when it opened its office in Campinas in the state of Sao Paulo. ArborGen do Brazil is the only company in Brazil focused exclusively on developing and supplying tree seedlings with superior genetics to the general Brazilian forestry market. ArborGen began selling Eucalyptus seedlings in 2013 and loblolly and other pine seedlings in 2014. Eucalyptus, a hardwood, is the most widely planted tree species in Brazil, loblolly pine is the most widely grown softwood species. Beyond its conventional products, ArborGen Brazil is field-testing herbicide tolerant, drought tolerant high density and high growth eucalyptus products developed using biotechnology.
How ArborGen Helps You
- Operations in the United States and Brazil.
- 14 commercial-scale seedling nurseries, including seven in the U.S. South
- State-of-the-art science, advanced technology, and hands-on management
- Loblolly Pine, Radiata Pine and hardwood species for commercial reforestation
- Produces conventional and advanced genetic tree seedlings with improved growth rate, yields, stress tolerance, disease resistance, and wood quality
- Maintains a network of world-class commercial tree breeding nurseries in four countries
- Combines superior nursery management practices with advanced tree improvement to produce trait-specific superior trees resulting in higher returns for customers
- Provides forestry expertise, products, and customer service to ensure landowners get the most out of every tree they grow
- Learn More
Our management team is dedicated to growing ArborGen’s reforestation partnerships around the globe
Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Vice President, Finance and Accounting
General Manager, Operations, Brazil
Want to avoid a poor seedling investment?
Be a proud steward of a beautiful, profitable forest
Want to Increase Client Satisfaction & Trust?
Be More Confident as a Respected Forestry Expert
Want Happier Customers
More Money in Your Pocket?
FIND AN ADVISOR OR NURSERY
GET IN TOUCH
2011 Broadbank Court
Ridgeville, S.C. 29472